$10,876,142 in Total Sales Achieved with 70-Percent Sell Through
The Mecum Austin 2015 auction held Dec. 11-12 at the Austin Convention Center in Texas achieved $10,876,142 in total sales as a near 70-percent sell-through rate was achieved with 454 vehicles hammering sold in just two days.
Enthusiastic crowds filled the beautiful convention center which comfortably accommodates an all-indoor auction with 247,052 square feet of available exhibit space. Cars came from 23 states for the opportunity to cross the Mecum Auction block including those as far as Montana, Minnesota and Maryland. The auction also saw a total of 11 hours broadcast live on NBC Sports Network in just two days achieving an excellent rate of viewership.
The auction’s top sales were strong and diverse. At $440,000, a 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition(Lot S100) claimed the highest sale price for the weekend sporting just 573 miles and as one of just 343 produced. Other top sales included another modern-day supercar with an ’06 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Silver Arrow (Lot S144) demanding $245,000. Classics made the list of top sales as well with a 1965 Sunbeam Tiger Roadster (Lot S101) gaveling at $142,500 and two Corvettes, a ’63 Split Window (Lot S112.1) and a ’59 Resto Mod (Lot S136), each hammering for $130,000.
The complete top 10 sales at the Mecum Austin 2015 auction include (all individual sales reflect hammer prices):
- 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition (Lot S100) at $440,000
- 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Silver Arrow (Lot S144) at $245,000
- 1965 Sunbeam Tiger Roadster (Lot S101) at $142,500
- 1959 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod (Lot S136) at $130,000
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (Lot S112.1) at $130,000
- 1954 Ford F100 Pickup (Lot S192) at $120,000
- 1994 Porsche 911 RS Coupe (Lot S147) at $115,000
- 1959 Mercedes-Benz 190SL Roadster (Lot S22) at $105,000
- 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S178) at $102,500
- 1955 Chevrolet 210 Resto Mod (Lot S46) at $100,000
[VIDEO] Mecum Austin 2015 – Saturday Top Sellers: https://youtu.be/ZjkeWvBRwgk
[VIDEO] Mecum Austin 2015 – Friday Top Sellers: https://youtu.be/Ru515xFujyE
For access to complete auction results and other member benefits, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next auction will be an offering of 700 vintage and antique motorcycles in Las Vegas, Jan. 7-9, followed by the world’s largest classic and collector car auction in Kissimmee, Fla., Jan. 15-24 featuring 3,000 vehicles and more than 1,000 items of Road Art.
For more details on an upcoming auction, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit www.mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050.