- Two exclusive locations chosen: Aspen and Livigno
- 130 participants from 25 different countries
- Track and Pilota programs are about to start
Lamborghini Winter Accademia has completed its exclusive 2016 driver training program on snow and ice with a huge success in terms of participation. From the end of February to the beginning of March, Livigno (Lombardy, Italy) and Aspen (Colorado, USA) hosted 130 participants from 25 different countries almost simultaneously.
Participants were offered two types of course: Intensivo, with a duration of one day and Avanzato (two days). Both programs had the same mission: enabling drivers to improve their skills in low grip conditions and learning to master the power of Lamborghini cars by having fun. All this was achieved through targeted exercises and a progressive approach to driving on snow and ice: a first phase included theoretical lessons, slalom and power oversteer tests, then training focused on track lapping sessions to learn, step by step, how to take cars to the limit.
Lamborghini Accademia provides participants with its experienced, qualified international instructors, all coming from the world of motorsport, ranging from Lamborghini GT3 factory drivers to members of the GT3 Junior Program for young and talented drivers.
Lamborghini Winter Accademia, with a fleet sporting a new 2016 livery, fielded the Huracán LP 610-4 and Aventador LP 700-4 models on track, in both coupe and roadster versions as well as the exclusive Aventador LP 750-4 Superveloce. In addition to all-wheel drive, specifically for winter courses all cars were equipped with Pirelli Winter Sottozero tires, which are specifically studded to further increase the grip.
In Livigno, Lamborghini Squadra Corse added a Huracán LP 620-2 Super Trofeo racecar to the Lamborghini Accademia fleet: it is the protagonist of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo, with the first 2016 European round over the weekend of April 23 – 24 in Monza. The Huracán LP 620-2 was modified for use on the Winter Accademia ice track, in terms of suspension set-up and using rain tires with specific studs, so that it could be driven in the very different conditions than traditional racetracks. Demonstrating the car’s capabilities was the Lamborghini GT3 factory driver Mirko Bortolotti.
Highlight figures for the Lamborghini Winter Accademia 2016:
- 17 days of driving courses
- 25 cars in the Lamborghini Winter Accademia fleet
- 750 HP for the Aventador Superveloce
- 610 HP for the Huracán
- 4-wheel drive for the Huracán and the Aventador
- 1280 studs used on each set of Pirelli Winter Sottozero tires
- 15 instructors
- 130 participants
- 21 the age of the youngest participant
- 60 the age of the most experienced participant
- 34 participants from the USA
- 11 participants from UK and Holland
- 10 participants from Italy
- 9 participants from Luxembourg
- 6 participants from Germany
- 5 participants from Switzerland
- 4 participants from France
- 3 participants from Japan, Hong Kong and Hungary
- 2 participants from Saudi Arabia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, India, Oman and Slovakia
- 1 participant from Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lebanon, Monaco, Malaysia, Poland and Taiwan
Lamborghini Accademia activities will continue throughout the season with Track and Pilota programs, tailored to customers eager to hone their driving skills on the most famous racetracks around the world.
The Track program, which sees the introduction into the fleet of the new Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4 Spyder and the rear-wheel drive Huracán LP 580-2, will take place in Phillip Island in Australia; Imola in Italy; Nürburgring in Germany; Las Vegas in the USA; and Valencia in Spain, the latter at the beginning of December on the occasion of the Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo World Finals.
The apex of Lamborghini Accademia is the exclusive Pilota program, for which the first event was held at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway last November and will be replicated at the same racetrack, near the famous Strip, next April 7 and 8. During this exclusive program, participants will drive Lamborghini racecars, with the purpose of offering them a real race weekend experience, ranging from practice sessions and qualification to a 30-lap simulated competition with pit stops and driver changes.
Lamborghini Accademia 2016 Calendar
- March: Track Accademia – Phillip Island (Australia)
- April: Pilota Lamborghini – Las Vegas (USA)
- April: Track Accademia – Las Vegas (USA)
- May: Track Accademia – Imola (Italy)
- June: Track Accademia – Imola (Italy)
- September: Track Accademia – Nürburgring (Germany)
- October: Track Accademia – Las Vegas (USA)
- November: Track Accademia – Valencia (Spain)
For more information about Lamborghini Accademia: